Monday, July 4, 2011

Modesty-->It Goes Back to the Gospel

Modesty. Not that big of a deal, right? I mean, it's just a pair of shorts. It's just a halter top. Sure it's tight, but it flatters my figure. Surely, it's okay for me to wear. Surely it's okay for Christians to wear.

This justification is dangerous. It's wrong. It's sinful. And truly, modesty isn't about the hemline. It's not about some arbitrary set of rules. It's not about shorts being past the fingertips or shirts being high enough or sleeves being a credit card in width. It's about the heart. Modesty isn't something you do. It's something you are. Modesty is a characteristic, a mindset, an attitude, and a way of life. And when one truly is modest, she will not wear things that are questionable or inappropriate (unless it's by accident or out of plain ignorance).

Guess what? MODESTY IS THAT BIG OF A DEAL! It's a huge deal. And it all goes back to the Gospel of Christ. His death. His sacrifice for you. Don't believe me? This video is the best thing I've seen or heard on this topic. I was almost in tears by the end. Before you listen:

"Dear God, I pray that you would open the hearts of those who are about to listen to this. I pray that You will use Your Holy Spirit to convict the hearts of the listeners. Show each one wear she is in the wrong. Show each one where she needs to make life changes in order to become the Proverbs 31 woman that you created her to be. Use those who are changed to make a difference in your name in the lives of all those around her. Use her to spread the modesty trend among women in the Christian community. Help all women to stay strong and to know who they want to appeal to: You. In Christ's Name, Amen."


3 comments:

  1. I've read this before, but this time I shared it and the video with our children. It really brought to life the lesson Nathan and I were trying to teach. We are thankful God brought you and your talents into our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this before, but this time I shared it and the video with our children. It really brought to life the lesson Nathan and I were trying to teach. We are thankful God brought you and your talents into our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just noticed your comment; I'm so glad this aided you in teaching them. I had actually forgotten about this so it was convicting for me to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete