Friday, August 22, 2014

Why the Break?

I have been rather absent from my little blogging world for several months now. That has been true for a number of reasons. God took us on a long, difficult journey. A "wandering" in the wilderness, to refer back to the Exodus. We left Egypt with no one to rely on but God and thanks to His guidance and faithful provision of manna, we survived. He led us to the Promised Land! But throughout that journey, my faith was really tested. Like those stinking Israelites, there were times when the manna just wasn't satisfying. I wanted more. I wanted something different. And sometimes I even thought that it would be better if we went back to Egypt! It goes without saying that my relationship with God was a real struggle. I failed to open myself up to His word and I failed to go to Him with my struggles and heartaches, multiple times. Since this blog mainly revolves around topics related to faith, spirituality, and Christianity, I was generally very uninspired and hostile towards those topics. Moreover, I started graduate school last Fall and between graduate school, work, and church obligations it became quite the juggling act to balance everything.

As I said, we finally left the wilderness. We were so blessed in August to find the church we have been praying for for a long time. In addition, I am incredibly thankful that this move has also made it possible for me to focus exclusively on going to grad school, full-time. Although I remain quite busy with all of the assignments and readings, not to mention all of the things I do to minister with my husband, I think I will have a little more time spend on "fun writing." I have reached a place of finally being at peace with God and am praying that He will provide the inspiration I need to be His tool and mouthpiece for His kingdom.

All of that said, I plan on getting moving in my blog once again. I love to write. God has given me that passion and ability and I would be failing Him to neglect it. He has given me specific passions that I believe are leading me to my calling. As a result, my blog will probably begin to morph a little bit. Where I have typically focused exclusively on topics related to faith, I may begin to incorporate some of my thoughts as a Counseling student. Moreover, God has stirred my heart with a deep passion for pregnancy, childbirth, and particularly natural women's health options (hormone-free methods of birth control, low/no-intervention labors, etc). As I study Counseling, I am incorporating that passion with hopes of preparing myself to help women in these areas, including those who may have experienced pregnancy loss to miscarriage/stillbirth, postpartum depression, PTSD due to traumatic childbirth, and a world of other issues that women are dealing with in connection with pregnancy, childbirth, and even infertility struggles. Some of these passions may be making their way into my writing here as I ponder these topics and attempt to grow in my ability to help those that God has called me to be Jesus to.

I apologize for the long absence, but I look forward to picking up where I left off as I share my journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment